Class sizes could range from 2–15 people. This depends on your preferences, the demand for your class, and the amount of room you need for the class. Classes can be held in the main gallery or the meeting space. Classroom assignment is first–come first–serve basis; you will choose your class dates and times when you sign up. Complete the teaching form. Our Classes Coordinator will contact you after receiving your submission to discuss teaching classes at The Show Gallery Lowertown.
Questions? Contact the Class Coordinator
- No teaching experience is required.
- Teachers must submit an overview of their class so that staff can help people choose the right class and so that we can promote the class online.
- Students will be surveyed at the end of the class to gather data on student satisfaction for both the gallery and the teaching artist.
- Classes will be set up on a first come basis initially. We may decide to take a more curated approach in the future.
- Electricity, water, 3 work tables, a small amount of storage (maybe)
- Teachers provide their own lesson materials or have the students purchase them on their own.
- Students with disabilities will have a staff person with them at all times, this person will help facilitate the lesson if needed.
Days & Hours
- A a staff person will be there if classes are held during regular business hours — if the class is held on a day we are closed or after hours the teacher will be trained on how to access the space and will be responsible for the space and students
- New teachers will be required to attend a brief “orientation” where they can be acquainted with the space and see the tables, sink area, storage area, etc.
Rules and Restrictions
- Classes must be set up 30 days in advance to allow for promotion and student recruitment.
- Teachers are responsible for set up/take down/clearing the classroom.
- Teachers are responsible for keeping floors, tables, and chairs, relatively free of art materials. Please let us know if you need assistance with this.