The Show Gallery Lowertown’s mission is to unite artists of all abilities, and to create a point of access for marginalized artists. We are offering free use of our space to the public, over 8 weekends in August to support the creative community.
In keeping with our mission, we would like to pose this question to the community: How could FREE access to our space support you? Detail your project by listing what you would use the gallery for, what amenities from our listed available amenities you would need access to, and what dates you would need the space for (you may choose anywhere from one to all of the dates). The artist will be responsible for bringing any additional unlisted supplies with them.
Here are some examples of the kinds of uses TSGL is best suited for, and has been used for in the past: exhibitions, performances, fashion shows, filming or recording performances/movies/sound, archiving or photographing artwork, rehearsal space or studio space.
Space Amenities include:
• Main Gallery (2 large gallery walls, 1 small gallery wall, 4 pillars, large, street-facing window)
• Classroom Space (meeting table, chairs, 3 small wall spaces)
• Hanging system for wire-hung artworks (main gallery)
• Track lighting (main gallery)
• Additional Floor Lighting in white/color (portable)
• Tripod/DSLR Camera (must bring your own memory card)
• Kitchen Sink
• Folding tables and chairs
• Basic tools, such as scissors, hammer, nails, writing instruments, etc.
• 1 Volunteer to staff and assist as needed
Available Dates (dates and times are not subject to change):
August 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28 from 11-4
August 8th, 15th, 22nd, and 29th from 11-3
The Show Gallery Lowertown is committed to maintaining safe social distancing practices. We ask that artists wear a mask, practice social distancing, and consider social distancing in their proposal. We will ensure the space is clean and ready to use.
Preference will be given to BIPOC artists and artists with disabilities. Anyone is welcome to apply. Submit written proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday July 17th. We will be in touch with selected artists by Friday July 24th. Please keep proposals limited to one page.